The Fox Valley Park District is committed to ensuring the safety of guests and asks everyone to follow these regulations:
- Parents or guardians are responsible for supervising their children. Lifeguards are on duty to enforce rules and respond in case of emergency.
- Children under 12 years old must be accompanied and actively supervised by a guest 16 years and older in order to enter the facility.
- Adult swim is designated for ages 16 and older. Those age 12 to 15 may use the facility during this time when accompanied and actively supervised by a parent/guardian on the pool deck.
- Unsupervised children age 12 to 15 may use the facility during family hours only.
- Everyone entering the facility for open swim must pay admission. This applies to guests that will be swimming and supervising swimmers or those accompanying swimmers with the intention of staying on the deck.
- Guests under 48 inches tall must be wearing life jackets or be within arm’s reach of their parent or guardian at all times.
- All life jackets must be U.S. Coast Guard approved. No other flotation devices are permitted.
- Guests must be 48 inches tall to ride the waterslides.
- Fifteen-minute adult swims are provided each hour in the activity pool for guests 18 and older. This excludes the first and last hours of open swim time.
- Guests are encouraged to make any special needs known to the management, who will be happy to assist guests.
- Tobacco and alcohol are strictly prohibited.
- Cell phone usage is prohibited in the locker rooms.
- Guests must wear commercially sold swimsuits to participate in recreational aquatic activities.
- All apparel and footwear brought into the facility and worn on the deck must be clean.
- Children not yet toilet trained must wear a swim diaper and a plastic liner.
- Guests are required to shower before swimming.
- Conduct inside the facility must be safe and courteous. Profane, abusive or threatening language will not be tolerated.
- Management reserves the right to close the facility due to unsafe conditions.
- Admission into the facility may be refused to persons with potentially hazardous medical conditions.
- Please lock belongings. The Fox Valley Park District is not responsible for loss or theft of any personal items.
- Management may modify these regulations to ensure the safety of guests.
- Failure to abide by these regulations may result in disciplinary action and the possibility of ejection from the facility.
- Vigilance Awareness Training will be conducted. Testing provides aquatic staff with training when safety mannequins are placed into the pool for practice rescues.
Outside Food and Beverage Guidelines
The Fox Valley Park District now allows customers to bring their own food and beverages into our Outdoor Aquatic Facilities. Splash Country Water Park and Phillips Park Family Aquatic Center will no longer have concessions available on-site other than Pepsi vending machines. As our guest you have the following options for consuming food and beverage at our aquatic facilities. You may:
- Bring your own food and beverages within the restrictions listed below.
- You may order some of your favorite food and have it delivered right outside of the aquatic center to a designated zone for pick up. Patrons must use their pool receipt or membership card for re-entry into the facility.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited
- No glass containers or bottles allowed
- No grilling on the premises
- Only sealed beverages will be allowed in the water park
- You may bring empty bottles to fill at our water station
- Food and beverages are allowed only in designated areas (:
- Concession Areas (not on pool deck)
- Grassy Areas
- One hard or soft-sided shoulder strap cooler per guest – No large rolling coolers allowed
- All coolers & bags will be inspected upon entry
For the safety of our guests and facilities, if any of the above is found in your cooler/bags, staff will ask you to take it back out to your car or dispose of it before entry.
Text and Email Alerts
Sign up to receive TEXT and EMAIL alerts about Phillips Park Family Aquatic Center. Alerts provide you with timely information about weather-related closings. You may opt out at any time. It’s super easy!
- Click here: RAINOUTLINE.COM
- Choose Phillips Park Family Aquatic Center
- Click Email & Text Alerts (on left side of page)
- Follow instructions to sign up to receive alerts
- Choose to receive alerts through email, text or both
Once you’re finished registering you’re set to go! OR… Download the FREE APP here!
Reasons for Pool Closures
The Aquatics Supervisor or the Manager of Aquatics may close the pools under the following conditions:
- An electrical storm
- Severe weather conditions
- Air temperature drops below 67 degrees
- Attendance drops below 20 guests or severely reduced
- Mechanical difficulties and pool maintenance
Inclement Weather Guidelines
Opening and closing of the facility is subject to prevailing weather conditions, including cold weather, electrical storms, strong winds and heavy rains.
- The facility will close if the air temperature drops below 67 degrees (exception: private rental groups will have the option to cancel or continue with their rental if a closure of this nature occurs).
- If a guard while on duty should spot bad weather or lightning, he/she will blow their whistle, three short blasts and wait for a Supervisor or Manager.
- If lightning and/or thunder is detected in the area, the pool deck will be cleared, not closed for 30 minutes and will not reopen until an all clear is issued. If conditions force two consecutive 30-minute closures, the Aquatics Manager will evaluate the forecasted weather conditions and make the decision as to whether the facility will stay open or be closed.
The pool may be closed at any time if attendance drops below 20 guests. Discretion will be left up to the Supervisor / Manager on duty. (This will not apply if there are children in attendance for swim lessons).
In the event of fecal contamination, the pool will be evacuated for at least 30 minutes, during which time the Pool Manager will direct the proper procedures for sanitizing the pool according to the Illinois Department of Public Health.
The pool will be closed anytime there are unsafe conditions or anytime a situation arises that would jeopardize the public health or safety of the people in attendance. This decision will be made by the Outdoor Aquatics Maintenance Manager or Aquatics Manager.
Delayed Opening & Early Closing Procedures
The pool will be closed for public swimming if the air temperature is 67 degrees or below, or at the manager’s discretion based on inclement weather, low attendance, or unusual circumstances.
- If the pool is closed at 11 a.m., it will remain closed until 12 p.m.
- If the pool is closed at 12 p.m., it will remain closed until 4 p.m.
- If the pool is closed any time after 4 p.m., it will remain closed for the evening.
Re-Entry & Refunds
Guests may leave and re-enter the park as needed through the day. Re-entry will be granted with a hand stamp obtained at Guest Services on the way out. Guests must show hand stamp and day-of receipt to return.
Refunds will not be issued for daily admissions, due to inclement weather.
- If the pool closes within one hour of a guests’ arrival, guest will receive a pass to return any day within the current season.
- If the pool closes after guests have been in attendance for longer than one hour, they may return same day only if the aquatic centers re-opens. To re-enter daily admission guests will need to show their day-of daily admissions receipt and hand stamp.
PLEASE NOTE: The Fox Valley Park District reserves the right to close any aquatic center park or feature due to low attendance/poor weather conditions.
Adult Lap Lane Swimming
Fifteen-minute adult swims are provided each hour in the deep end of the activity pool for guests ages 16 and older. This excludes the first and last hours that the facility is open. This time is intended for those who wish to swim. Parents may also swim with their children provided the child is 24 months and younger.